Families and farms working together to support healthy food, land, and communities.
To join a CSA Program, members invest in the spring – when farming output costs are high – in exchange for a weekly share of the season’s harvest at a reduced price. It’s like a subscription to fresh food!
How do I sign up for a CSA share?
- Farmstand Dollars Cards can be purchased any time at our farmstand, or, contact us by email.
- PYO Bouquet CSA Shares and Fall CSA Shares can be purchased online.
- Summer CSA Shares started on May 22, 2013, but you can still become a member at an adjusted price!. To order a Summer CSA Share to be picked up at the farm or at your workplace, please visit our farmstand, call the farm (802) 785-4737, or contact us by email.
Early Bird’s Get the Best Price
Early Bird Specials are our way of saying thank you for supporting the farm when we need to buy seeds and equipment, but have limited income. If you sign up and pay before March 1, you will receive a discount on Summer Shares or Season Share Packages, as well as the option to pay in three installments. Your first payment must be received by March 1st to qualify for the discount or installment plan.
20 weeks of freshly harvested certified organic fruits and vegetables from May 22 to October 4. Come to the farmstand with your own bags or boxes between 11am and 6pm on your pick-up day to select your share from that week’s list, or choose our Prepacked Share and your share will be ready for you. Our Summer Share should feed 2-3 adults and includes plenty of variety, plus some pick-your-own crops such as berries and pumpkins, and saves you about 20% off retail prices. Summer CSA members receive a 10% discount on any additional purchases at the farmstand, all season long! Self Serve $500, Prepacked $575.
Sample Summer Share
What’s In A Share? Each year is different on the farm. Download this PDF file to see a list of what our 2012 CSA members received in their summer shares over the course of 20 weeks.
Workplace Summer Share
Would you like your Prepacked Summer CSA delivered to your workplace? We will be back at Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center on Fridays this year, and new this year we’re offering delivery for employees of the River Valley Club in Lebanon, also on Fridays, and both Hypertherm locations on Thursdays. If you would like to add your workplace to our list, please contact us. $600
Fresh flowers for 8 weeks: July 13 - August 31. If you love having fresh flowers every week, this is for you! Cut your own 20 stem bouquet from our cut flower garden once a week at your convenience. Makes a great gift especially for Valentine’s Day and Mother’s Day! Learn more and sign up. $100
CSA Farmstand Dollar Cards
Farmstand dollar cards are a great way to support the farm and shop at your convenience anytime the farmstand is open. This debit card option represents a 10% discount at the farmstand that you can use to purchase our fruits and vegetables, as well as milk, eggs, bedding plants, garden supplies, coffee, and more. You can replenish your card throughout the season. Register for your card anytime when you visit our farmstand. $250 or $500
Ten weeks of freshly harvested greens, like arugula, lettuce, parsley, and spinach, plus fall staples like squash, cabbage, potatoes, and carrots. We will also try to include frozen treats from the summer such as frozen berries. Each share should feed 2-3 adults. Great for one family or to split between two. Saturdays at the farm: OCT 12 - DEC 7. Learn more and sign up. $225
Sample Fall Share
- turnips, beets, rutabaga or celeriac
- cabbage, Brussels sprouts, or kale
- dried beans or frozen strawberries
- winter squash
- fresh spinach or salad greens
Read about one Cedar Circle Farm Fall CSA members’ experience in this Edible Green Mountains article from their late fall 2012 holiday issue.
Subsidized Shares for Low-Income Vermonters
Cedar Circle Farm is a member of the Northeast Organic Farming Association of Vermont’s Farm Share Program. CSA shares are available to low-income Vermonters from participating farms at half the cost. Eligible Vermonters pay 50%, and the farm and NOFA each pay 25%. Your contributions to NOFA’s Farm Share Program enable CCF to grow wholesome, fresh, organic food for local CSA families in need. Thank you!
To find out if you are eligible for a subsidized share, contact the NOFA-VT office at 802-434-4122 or visit their website for more information. Our Summer and Fall CSA Shares are eligible for the Farm Share Program. The application process must be repeated for each seasonal share.
Anyone can support the Farm Share Program! To make a contribution to Farm Share:
- Make a donation with your CSA order.
- Make a donation by check of any amount, no order necessary, payable to Cedar Circle Farm and write Farm Share in the memo portion of the check; you can mail your check to Cedar Circle Farm, 225 Pavillion Road, East Thetford, Vermont, 05043, or drop it by the farmstand after we open in May. For a tax-deductible contribution you must donate directly to NOFA-VT Farm Share.
- Visit NOFA-VT Farm Share to make a tax-deductible contribution online. Be sure to list Cedar Circle Farm & Education Center on your donation and NOFA-VT will apply it to our account.
Got a question not covered here? Email us your question and we’ll get right back to you.